The Reverend Richard Crosse bequeathed a farm and lands at Marchington Woodlands for the benefit of a Free School in Kings Bromley in 1699, according to his last Will and Testament. There has been a school offering free education for the children of Kings Bromley and the surrounding area ever since. The school has occupied two sites during this time. Initially the school was situated close to the Manor House (now Manor Road), however in 1815 it was relocated to the site the school occupies today. The school buildings have been enlarged and modified over the years but the original 1815 School House is still very prominent and is an integral part of the school.
The Richard Crosse Foundation, a Trust set up to manage the affairs of the school, continues to this day. The Trust provides funding to maintain the school buildings and other activities to support its charitable status.
Now as then, The Richard Crosse Primary school continues to be a thriving, friendly and happy school serving the beautiful village of Kings Bromley. All our children are taught to respect others and are provided with exciting learning opportunities. Standards and the expectations of behaviour are high and these are reflected in every aspect of our work. We have close links with the local community and work collaboratively with our residents to ensure that the children and the school continue to be an integral part of village life for many future generations.